Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Medical Defence Union
Medical qualifications attained
- 1989 BsC (Hons) - (Guy's Hospital)
- 1992 MBBS - (St Thomas' Hospital)
- 1995 FRCS - (Royal College of Surgeons of England)
- 2000 FRCS (TR&Orth.) - (Royal College of Surgeons of England
Mr Armitage completed his Orthopaedic training on the south East Thames Higher Surgical Training Programme in 2001, gaining experience in many district general including Brighton, St Thomas’s and King’s College London and Oxford John Radcliffe Hospital.
In August 2001 he commenced a fellowship in Perth Western Australia working with Mr Holt specialising in sports related injuries including knee, shoulder, ankle, elbow, hip arthroscopy and ligament reconstruction.
In March 2002 he then began a trauma fellowship at Royal Perth Hospital, Australia study for Mr Croser, this involved the daily running of the trauma department and daily trauma surgery including highly complex fractures and multiple injuries.
In April 2003 Mr. Armitage was appointment to Eastbourne District General Hospital as an Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeon with a specialist interest in Knee surgery. In 2006 Mr Armitage took over as Clinical Lead for Orthopaedics at Eastbourne driving the department forward and inline with Local, National and European directives.