Membership of professional bodies
- British Orthopaedic Association.
- Royal Society of Medicine, Council Member Orthopaedic Section.
- President Orthopaedic Section, Royal Society of Medicine.
- British Orthopaedic Foot Surgery Society.
- British Medical Association.
- International Society of Medicine and Surgery of the Foot
Medical Qualification Attained: 1965
Mr Hinves graduated from King’s College London School of Medicine in 1965. He commenced surgical training in Canada and completed his higher surgical training on the Royal Free Hospital and Windsor Group rotational training scheme in 1974. He was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Royal East Sussex Hospital in 1974 which later became the Conquest Hospital in 1992.
Mr Hinves has extensive managerial and educational experience within orthopaedics acting as president of the Orthopaedic Section of the Royal Society of Medicine until 2006 and as a member of international orthopaedic faculties which include the Society of Medicine and Surgery of the Foot.