Mrs McNally trained on the South East Orthopaedic Registrar training program, completing a Fellowship year in Perth, Australia, in 2000. In 2002 Mrs McNally took up her appointment with East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust at Eastbourne DGH. As well as her clinical commitments she leads on increasing day surgery rates, streamlining the patient journey and increasing the skills of the multi-disciplinary team. Mrs McNally coordinated the Integrated Care Pathways for patients with Hip fractures at Eastbourne and has written patient information leaflets for patients with common conditions.
In October 2008 she took up the additional responsibility as Director of Medical Education this involves the continuous development and training of 200 doctors on official training programs across the trust and many others not on training programs.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Eastbourne DGH with an interest in hand surgery and trauma. Director of Medical Education (East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust).
- Deputy chair Women in Surgery sub-committee Royal College of Surgeons.
- Elected member Opportunities in Surgery Committee, Royal College of Surgeons (since Feb 2005) - this has recently launched a new website www.rcseng.ac.uk/career and helps with individual queries and other on-going projects.
- Elected member, Equality and Diversity Committee, British Medical Association - many national reports previewed before release.
- Specialist Training Committee for Orthopaedic training in South East England - selection and assessment of trainees.
- Visiting Fellow University of Brighton - MSc examiner.
- Academy of Medical Educators Foundation member - new committee, to be developed.
- Deputy Council member (South East region) Medical Women's Federation.