Total number of in-patient areas is 36. The implementation began in April 2008 with three wards:
- De Cham ward, a surgical ward.
- Folkington ward, an acute medical ward.
- McDonald ward, an elderly care ward.
Each ward manager is the lead for their ward and are working with facilitation support from their clinical matron.
Two more wards commenced in September:
- James ward, a Cardiac ward.
- Seaford 1 an Orthopaedic Trauma ward.
There will be four more wards starting on the programme every three months until all inpatient areas have been included.
The plan will be rolled out to all 36 areas by August 2010.